Dream Act Deferred Immigration Action

On August 15, 2012, you may request Deferred Action from the US Department of Homeland Security to exercise prosecutorial discretion whether or not you are in removal proceedings. Deferred Action will allow you to obtain a work permit for two years if you came to the US as a child and meet other key guidelines.

If you are under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012; came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday; have continuously resided in the US since June 15, 2007 entered lawfully or without inspection before June 15, 2012; are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, or obtained a general education development (GED) certificate; have not been convicted of a felony or significant misdemeanor(s) contact Rodriguez Law Office, PLLC to assist you with obtaining your work permit for two years.